Skip to content
12 questions to ask
- Who are your senior managers? What’s their background in the SEO industry?
- What business results have you achieved for clients? How do I know you’ll show me the same commitment? Are you paid based on what you deliver, or through monthly fees?
- What techniques will you use? Will the links you create be through natural engagement or will they be paid for, or obtained from ‘link farms’?
- What is my projected Return on Investment (ROI) each month from my SEO investment? How many new clients or sales will it deliver? How can you measure this?
- How long will I keep my rankings for? What’s your incentive to make sure my rankings are permanent and sustainable?
- How much will I have to pay to achieve the results I want? What if it costs more than you are promising?
- How long will I have to wait to achieve the results I want? What if it takes longer than you are promising?
- When was the last time one of your clients’ websites was penalized / banned / dropped suddenly / disappeared from Google? How often does this happen to your sites? (This has never, ever happened to any of our clients).
- What changes to my site are required to make it SEO-ready?
- What percentage of your work will be on-site (making my site SEO-ready), and how much will be off-site – raising my site’s profile and building links to my site?
- How many links, approximately, will you build to my site? What quality will these linking sites be?
- Where are you based? Are you willing to meet in person regularly at a place that suits me?